Saturday, September 7, 2013

Macon, Georgia??!! What??!

Well, Elder Darke is now out in the mission field.  He received his "reassignment" last week to Macon, Georgia.  He says it's wonderful that he gets a "two-in-one" mission.  He is sooooo excited!  The first email I got from him about this was:

 "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Pretty much crazy, as Elder Darke's style usually is.  

Once he arrived we received one from him and one from his new Mission President and a picture (yeah!)

Dear mom
I arrived safely in the mission field yesterday.  The flight wasn't very bad, however getting up that early has totally thrown off my internal clock :D.  I am in Georgia though, my mission president is awesome and i have been sent to Cusseta Georgia.  It is a pretty small town but the people seem really friendly and I love them all so far :D.  It was sort of my first day today, we just got done driving here so now it will be fun :D.  I am companions with the a district leader and it is going to be super amazing.  I am living in a moble home thing that is super cool and i get my own little desk and a large mirror and everything!  I Can't wait to tell you all about it but i have limited time so i am just wanting to say hi, and tell you i am still alive :D.  For letters and things my address is 400 Northside Crossing Macon GA 31210. :D.  Anyway i will talk to you later!
:D
-Elder Darke

His Mission President, President Cottle says that Elder Darke's first area is Cusseta, Georgia in the Columbus Stake.  We are hoping to hear more soon.

He looks good, don't you think!  Notice his new address in his letter. I think it's the mission home.  His preparation day is on Monday, so he'll look for mail then, I think. 

Elder Galen Darke
400 Northside Crossing
Macon, GA 31210

Love to everyone!
Melanie (Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment